Sunday, March 23, 2014

Camera in hand, seeking out the Lord. {week three}

I love that I'm doing this series with my friend because it causes me to intentionally find something to be grateful for each day. I am so thankful for my God who reveals Himself to me in so many different ways. I love how He shows me He loves me in ways specific to myself and how I recognize love. He knows what my so called "love language" is. But I don't even need a test to know that I am very much someone who needs to be SHOWN love in a tangible way. I have always been a visual person. This has often caused a lot of doubt in my life because I can't see God how I see a friend, or the paper I'm writing on. A lot of my raw and vulnerable prayers to God have involved me expressing my frustration in not being able to "see" Him. But because God wants me to see Him, He intentionally shows himself in ways I will recognize. God doesn't show himself in the full splendor that would cause me to fall on my face, but He shows me HIMSELF in so many other ways. I see Him in my relationships with others, in my family members, in His creation, and in the grace that is given to me every day. I see him in ways I would've usually ignored. Now I see Him in things like having a silly little tradition of going to Starbucks with my friend each Sunday. I see Him in the quiet moments of life like in the car while I'm driving. I see Him in random road trips with a friend. You can see God in every little thing, you just have to look. 

Here's where I saw Jesus this past week:










- J

No comments:

Post a Comment