Monday, March 10, 2014

Camera in hand, seeking out the Lord. {week one}

What would your life look like if you intentionally sought out Jesus daily? Desperately seeking the beauty of God. 

It is so incredibly easy to pass through your day with a glazed over expression. How many people do the SAME thing day after day, that it's hard to find beauty in the repetition? I know that I tend to be one of those people. I'm so focused on getting through the day in one piece that I forget to just STOP for a second and look around me at the wonderful world my God has created. I sometimes feel as though I don't "see" God in my daily life. And in all honesty, I had been blaming GOD instead of looking inward.
 
I expressed these feelings to a close friend of mine, Kyleigh. She is a fellow dreamer. In fact, she's the one who inspired me to start dreaming BIG again. We regularly talk to one another about what we want to "be" when we grow up. She's taught me that I don't have to limit myself to one thing. If I want to be a musician/blogger/traveller/designer/photographer, I CAN BE. She's what one would call a super encourager, and I love her to death for it. 
In my conversation with her, we uncovered that we were BOTH having a hard time seeing/feeling God in our lives. I found that I was the reason I wasn't seeing God, because I wasn't LOOKING for Him. I was too wrapped up in other things not as important. So instead of continuing in that way, I feel as though God showed us something we could do about it. 

We both are very visual people, and we LOVE taking pictures and blogging. So here enters our idea or "exercise". We decided to combine our passions and start what I like to call: "This is where I saw Jesus today." We will be intentionally looking for God in our lives, once a day (or more), one week at a time, and documenting it with a camera. My friend so lovingly called this using our "Jesus lens".  The possibilities are endless. We'll be posting our seven days every Sunday. (Yes, I've already missed the deadline. Whoops.) God has already revealed His amazing glory so much in week one of this exercise. He is completely WORTHY to be praised.

I pray that God will use this exercise to help Kyleigh and myself to see Him in a whole new, and loving way. I also pray that God would use us to point others to Him in all that we do. 

You can see Kyleigh's week one post on her blog here: www.kyleidoscopeoflife.blogspot.com

Here is where I saw Jesus in the past week: 








- J

No comments:

Post a Comment